High performance for tough applications.
The QSK23-Series is designed to meet present and future competitive pressures and worldwide emissions regulations while delivering high fuel economy and high power density.
Its inline, six-cylinder configuration – unusual for this high power output – offers a narrower, shorter installation, easier access and the benefit of fewer parts, which makes it inherently more reliable and lengthens the expected life cycle to 20,000 hours before first overhaul.
The QSK23 uses the Cummins High Pressure Injection (HPI) PT full authority electronic fuel system. The HPI PT fuel system is managed by a G-Drive Governor Control System (GCS) controller, which is provided for off-engine mounting in the genset control panel. The Quantum Control has a specific fuel system board to interface with the HPI-PT fuel system and provides an Engine Protection package giving greater customer flexibility and cost effective alternatives in the control design and the benefits of Full Authority electronic control.
CTT (Cummins Turbo Technologies) HX82 turbo-charging utilizes exhaust energy with greater efficiency for improved emissions and fuel consumption.
Charge Air Cooling - QSK23 engine requires the use of an Airto-Air heat exchanger or Charge-Air-Cooler (CAC) to reduce intake manifold temperature and to meet the lower emissions requirements
CoolPac Integrated Design - Products are supplied complete with cooling package and air cleaner kit for a complete power package. Each component has been specifically developed and rigorously tested for G-Drive products, ensuring high performance, durability and reliability.
Service and Support - G-Drive products are backed by an uncompromising level of technical support and after sales service, delivered through a world class service network
To protect public health and conserve our planet's natural resources, legislation from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and regulatory agencies in the European Union (EU) has, for the past decade, required that pollutants produced by diesel engines - such as nitrogen oxides (NOx), hydrocarbons (HC) and particulate matter (PM) - be reduced.
Throughout this time, Cummins Inc. has been at the forefront of the move to meet these new standards, becoming:
- the first manufacturer to introduce EPA Tier-2 and Tier-3 products to the market - ahead of the regulatory deadline;
- the first manufacturer to introduce EU Stage IIIA compliant generator-drive diesel engines to Europe;
- the leader in innovative emissions solutions that focus predominantly on in-cylinder design improvements to eliminate most of the NOx, HC and PM before they are formed.
As a result, our diesel engines are not only very clean, but also retain all of their performance advantages without exhaust after treatment strategies that add cost and complicate maintenance for end users.
- Mid-range (1.3 - 9L) medium-horsepower engines (16 to 476 hp), providing the broadest Tier 3 range which further reduce Tier 2 NOx levels by 38%
- Heavy duty (11 - 15L) 415 to 755 hp engines powering commercial operations
- High-horsepower (19 - 78L) 675 to 3700 hp at both 1500 and 1800 rpm, designed to meet Tier 2/Stage II emissions requirements for electronics and diagnostics, base engine and turbocharging, power cylinder and fuel systems
Specifications based on typical generator set output. For full specifications, view the PDF for a specific model above.
Cummins Power Generation provides the best warranty and extended warranty plan in the industry. You can expect Cummins Power Generation and its authorized warranty locations to:
- Stand behind Cummins Power Generation products.
- Repair all failures that are a result of defects in materials or factory workmanship by Cummins Power Generation, or arrange for OEM warranty service if component is from another manufacturer.
- Provide the benefit of the coverage immediately.
- Treat all customers fairly and consistently.
For specific information regarding your warranty, or for more information regarding our warranties contact your nearest distributor.