From a series that is service-proven through millions of hours of operation in some of the world's most demanding applications, the NT855 has been engineered to handle higher injection pressures, with redesigned overhead arrangement, pistons, crankshaft and camshaft. A gear train with high contact ratio spur gears also eliminates unwanted thrust loads and reduces noise.
In line with the rest of the NT family, wide-ranging benefits including fuel efficiency, low oil consumption, reliable long life, high power and durability.
Cylinder Block - Alloy cast iron with removable wet liners.
Cylinder Heads - Alloy cast iron. Each head serves two cylinders. Drilled fuel supply and return lines. Valve seat inserts are replaceable and corrosion resistant. Valve and crosshead guides are replaceable.
Cylinder Liners - Replaceable wet liners dissipate heat faster than dry liners and are easily replaced without reboring the block.
Fuel System - Cummins PT™ self adjusting system. Integral dual flyweight governor provides overspeed protection independent of main governor. Camshaft actuated fuel injectors give accurate metering and timing. Dual spin-on fuel filters.
Coolpac Integrated Design - products are supplied complete with cooling package and air cleaner kit for a complete power package. Each component has been specifically developed and rigorously tested for G-Drive products, ensuring high performance, durability and reliability.
Service and Support - G-Drive products are backed by an uncompromising level of technical support and after sales service, delivered through a world class service network.
To protect public health and conserve our planet's natural resources, legislation from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and regulatory agencies in the European Union (EU) has, for the past decade, required that pollutants produced by diesel engines - such as nitrogen oxides (NOx), hydrocarbons (HC) and particulate matter (PM) - be reduced.
Throughout this time, Cummins Inc. has been at the forefront of the move to meet these new standards, becoming:
- the first manufacturer to introduce EPA Tier-2 and Tier-3 products to the market - ahead of the regulatory deadline;
- the first manufacturer to introduce EU Stage IIIA compliant generator-drive diesel engines to Europe;
- the leader in innovative emissions solutions that focus predominantly on in-cylinder design improvements to eliminate most of the NOx, HC and PM before they are formed.
As a result, our diesel engines are not only very clean, but also retain all of their performance advantages without exhaust after treatment strategies that add cost and complicate maintenance for end users.
- Mid-range (1.3 - 9L) medium-horsepower engines (16 to 476 hp), providing the broadest Tier 3 range which further reduce Tier 2 NOx levels by 38%
- Heavy duty (11 - 15L) 415 to 755 hp engines powering commercial operations
- High-horsepower (19 - 78L) 675 to 3700 hp at both 1500 and 1800 rpm, designed to meet Tier 2/Stage II emissions requirements for electronics and diagnostics, base engine and turbocharging, power cylinder and fuel systems
|Model||rpm||Hz||Prime kVa||Standby kVa||Prime kWe||Standby kWe||Emissions|
Specifications based on typical generator set output. For full specifications, view the PDF for a specific model above.
Cummins Power Generation provides the best warranty and extended warranty plan in the industry. You can expect Cummins Power Generation and its authorized warranty locations to:
- Stand behind Cummins Power Generation products.
- Repair all failures that are a result of defects in materials or factory workmanship by Cummins Power Generation, or arrange for OEM warranty service if component is from another manufacturer.
- Provide the benefit of the coverage immediately.
- Treat all customers fairly and consistently.
For specific information regarding your warranty, or for more information regarding our warranties contact your nearest distributor.