Premium high performance power.
Maintaining their outstanding reputation for high performance power even in the harshest conditions, the latest KTA range is jacket water aftercooled design. Its inbuilt step timing control system ensures optimum engine timing at all combinations of load and ambient temperature, improving cold starting and reducing light load fuel consumption to greatly enhance engine efficiency.
Aftercooler – Large capacity aftercoolers are supplied with three different configuration types, which are dependent on the rating used: Jacket Water Aftercooled (JWAC), One Pump Two Loop (1P2L), or Two Pump Two Loop (2P2L). This provides cooler, denser intake air for more complete combustion and reduced engine stresses for longer life and low exhaust emissions.
Cooling System – The JWAC aftercoolers share cooling water with the high temperature jacket water cooling system. There are no separate aftercooler connections that the customer needs to make. The 1P2L aftercoolers utilize coolant drawn from the jacket water system, but operate at a lower temperature than the jacket water, due to a separate, lower temperature thermostat. Two water pump employs separate impellers on a common shaft to deliver coolant to the two different systems. Similar to the 2P2L system, two different radiators are used to cool the engine jacket water and the aftercooler water. The 2P2L utilizes two completely separate water pumps. The engine jacket pump is engine mounted and is driven from the rear of the gear housing. The aftercooler water pump is customer selectable and can be provided mounted on the front of the gear cover. Cummins provides conventional water inlet and outlet connections for the jacket system. Aftercooler water pump inlet and aftercooler core outlet connections are provided for customer use and ease of plumbing on the aftercooler system.
Lubrication – Large capacity integral gear driven pump provides pressure lubrication to all bearings and provides supply for piston cooling. Cummins supplied large capacity oil pans are recommended for Prime and Continuous Power applications.
Pistons – Pistons are dual Ni-resist, aluminum alloy, ground and shaped to compensate for thermal expansion which assures a precise fit at all normal operating temperatures. Oil cooled for rapid heat dissipation. Two compression rings and one oil ring. Utilizes offset piston pin for reduced susceptibility to liner cavitation.
To protect public health and conserve our planet's natural resources, legislation from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and regulatory agencies in the European Union (EU) has, for the past decade, required that pollutants produced by diesel engines - such as nitrogen oxides (NOx), hydrocarbons (HC) and particulate matter (PM) - be reduced.
Throughout this time, Cummins Inc. has been at the forefront of the move to meet these new standards, becoming:
- the first manufacturer to introduce EPA Tier-2 and Tier-3 products to the market - ahead of the regulatory deadline;
- the first manufacturer to introduce EU Stage IIIA compliant generator-drive diesel engines to Europe;
- the leader in innovative emissions solutions that focus predominantly on in-cylinder design improvements to eliminate most of the NOx, HC and PM before they are formed.
As a result, our diesel engines are not only very clean, but also retain all of their performance advantages without exhaust after treatment strategies that add cost and complicate maintenance for end users.
- Mid-range (1.3 - 9L) medium-horsepower engines (16 to 476 hp), providing the broadest Tier 3 range which further reduce Tier 2 NOx levels by 38%
- Heavy duty (11 - 15L) 415 to 755 hp engines powering commercial operations
- High-horsepower (19 - 78L) 675 to 3700 hp at both 1500 and 1800 rpm, designed to meet Tier 2/Stage II emissions requirements for electronics and diagnostics, base engine and turbocharging, power cylinder and fuel systems
|Model||rpm||Hz||Prime kVa||Standby kVa||Prime kWe||Standby kWe||Emissions|
Specifications based on typical generator set output. For full specifications, view the PDF for a specific model above.
Cummins Power Generation provides the best warranty and extended warranty plan in the industry. You can expect Cummins Power Generation and its authorized warranty locations to:
- Stand behind Cummins Power Generation products.
- Repair all failures that are a result of defects in materials or factory workmanship by Cummins Power Generation, or arrange for OEM warranty service if component is from another manufacturer.
- Provide the benefit of the coverage immediately.
- Treat all customers fairly and consistently.
For specific information regarding your warranty, or for more information regarding our warranties contact your nearest distributor.